In therapy, I enjoy using warmth, humor, and creativity, believing in the healing potential of a good therapeutic relationship. Specifically, I have received training in evidence-based practices including Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Processing Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Mindful Self-Compassion, and basic principles of Somatic Experiencing.
Drawing from this training, I’m able to provide individual therapy (as well as couples or family therapy on a case-by-case basis) for older adolescents, young adults, and adults of all ages who are experiencing concerns including but not limited to…
- Effects of Oppression & Discrimination
- Gender & Sexual Identity
- Guilt & Shame
- Grief & Loss
- Life Transitions
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Trauma & PTSD
In addition to the topics above, I have a special interest in working with spiritual/religious concerns, for example…
- Conflicted, challenged, or changing belief systems
- LGBTQ+ folks navigating intersections of gender, sexuality, spirituality, & wellbeing
- Stress & burnout among spiritual/religious leaders
- Traumatic experiences (e.g. abuse, discrimination, rejection) that have occurred in spiritual/religious contexts
For presenting issues that are outside of my current training and scope of practice, I am happy to provide assessment and referral to support clients in finding appropriate care.
Please feel free to Contact me directly if you would like to ask any specific questions, schedule an initial intake appointment, or arrange a free 15-minute phone consultation to see if we would be a good fit.